Wednesday, June 17, 2009

CFFM: Crossfit For Masocists

Today's punishment:

"The Twins"
"Your Choice", pick one OR two of the following WOD's:
1.) "Death by 10 Meters"
2.) Row 3-K for best time
3.) 5 min. Max Rep D/U's

Result: 3.) 113 1) 12 runs
Pukey Scale: 1 of 5

Are we all masochists? I don't consider myself a prude by any means but I have never been into whips, chains, choking, or snuff porn. Dominatrices scare me more than turn me on. Handcuffs are more of a nuisance than an aphrodisiac. Could I really be a masochist?

I had the "choice" to do one or two of the WODs. I chose two. First up was the double unders. 113 was the magic number. I was having some problems midway with doing more than five in a row but it picked up in the end. I took a little break and moved on to "Death by 10 Meters." This one is funny because it goes from redonkulously easy to impossible. And it is impossible, even Usain Bolt will eventually fail although I imagine it would be much later than when I did. Big thanks to Sarah who, in a show of fellow masochism, jumped in with me mid-workout. (Plus she is doing an endurance WOD later in the day, CRAZY!)

So I could have done one WOD and went home but I did two. What does this mean? I have been going to a place for over a year that's motto is "Show up to throw up." The Crossfit program routinely beats up on the Crossfiters and we take it with pride and enthusiasm. One of the definitions of masocism is "a willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences." Well shit, I guess that answers the question. Don't get me wrong, the benefits are there but maybe there is an easier way. I don't really care, I accept my fate. In the end its pretty gratififying even if it is a pyschological disorder. That won't stop me from continuing to hate Jason and expose all his evil deeds.

Suck it.

--Stuntman Mike

1 comment:

  1. Nice work on the Death by 10's, my friend. You so could have blown out 13.... :)

    ReplyDelete