Thursday, July 30, 2009

150 Kryptobell Swings

Today's brutal punishment:

5 rds for time of
Run 400-M
30 KBS [16K/24K]
15 Pull-Ups

My Pathetic Results: 46:43 (definitely setting the low bar today, I am the limbo king!)
Pukey Scale: 4.9 of 5
Sadism Scale: 6 of 5

I absolutely failed today. Jason really threw a fucking mean one at me. 1.25 miles, 150 kbs, 75 pull ups. The running and commie swings drove up the pukey scale one point per round. The commie swings and pull ups tore the fuck out of my hands. I had four callous, all of them tore, three were bleeding during the last round. Commie swings are definitely still my kryptonite as well proven here. I wanted to quit after the run in round 4. My right hand was shot and that nasty pukey feeling was starting to hit. Everyone was finished or finishing up. During the last round I was about to vomit. Usually at this point I just get it over with but for some reason I really didn't want to. So I slowed down even more hoping the wave of nausea would pass. When it got to an acceptable 4.5, I pressed on. I could hardly grip the pull up bar, so even my pull ups took forever. By the end I was feeling dizzy and queezy, either from exhaustion or blood loss. Bleh!

Here are some shots of my hand, one hour post workout.


Left hand


right hand... eww

Before the workout we joked that I could go pick up donuts for the crew and that would be posted as my time. In retrospect, I really wish I took this offer up.

So, I end the week exhasted, sore, and unable to masterbate for at least a week. Thanks a lot Jason, you ass.

Suck it.

--Stuntman Mike

4 comments:

  1. You are too funny. Way to swing the 24 bell today you and B did great. I absolutly admire your mental toughness. Lots of people would've quit, but you kept on brother. Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you walked over to me showing me your hands saying 'LOOK!' ...like it's a medal of honor (which they are!)

    Try being a chick with hands from hell...

    Sorry 'bout the rosy palm part. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where was the shocker in those Photos? I kinda made a comment about your on the crossfit blog without checking your blog first. oops, i duced it.

    ReplyDelete