Thursday, February 4, 2010

Anatomy of a craving

CFFM Strength WOD:
Bench Press
"Intensity + Eccentrics" 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
*Refer to 01.22.10 for recent 5-RM

Core Work:
GHD Sit-Up & Hip Extension, 3 sets 15 reps each

6 AM I shared some bench time with MK.  Hit a 1 RM PR of 175.  I have discussed many of times how much my bench sucks and how I am happy with the improvement as slow as it may be.  I really wanted 180 today, I didn't get it.  Boo hoo.  Did a little core work after that so I can look super sexy for my pictures.  I need to work on my tan or maybe I will do a little Jersey Shore spray on action.

My after WOD breakfast was a tall whole milk & Robb Wolf's sweet potato / apple compote with pork loin (I got the ok from coach as a post-wod meal) and it was extremely yummy.  However it caused some problems.  First I didn't have coffee which was bad because that helps suppress appetite, I was planning on eating what would have amounted to 1 smallish sweet potato, one gala apple, and half a pound of pork (pre-cooking weight).  Well I only could eat half.  The carbs definitely filled me up fast but around 10 I was pretty hungry.  Here in lies the problem, I didn't bring any snacks along, and my plan was for a simple grilled chicken salad at UFood (an awesome healthy fastish food restaurant in Naples) just didn't seem to be enough.  The craving struck.

Phase 1: Desire
I want a fucking sandwich, something savory with lots of some random slightly spicy sauce.  Bread, not some shitty ass bun from a fast food joint but something like ciabatta or artisan.  Cheese, oh god there has to be cheese.  Meat stacked high.  I want something big so that after I scarf it down and I am guaranteed the "itis" after.  Shit, while I am at it how about a giant ass milk shake to wash it down.  Why do these emails keep interrupting my day dreaming.

Phase 2: Guilt
No, no, no.  I am trying to WIN the paleo-challenge.  I must keep my eating as clean as I can.  I have already relented all three weekly cheats to Superbowl Sunday, I can't just give in to my craving.  I can do it.  I can survive another day of eating rabbit food for lunch.  There is no reason to eat some nasty ass, junk food, (yet completely delicious) sandwich.  Its not good for me.  Just let it pass.  Now get back to work.

Phase 3: Compromise
What if I just get something that is a cheat but is still kind of healthy.  That won't be bad, will it?  Lets see what we have here.  Oh a Chipotle Turkey Burger.  See that isn't bad and it meets all my desires.  I could even get a fruit smoothie instead of a shake.  They use yogurt to make that... Greek yogurt!  I can get steamed veggies on the side. See that is paleo.  This is perfect!  I really like the design of the UFood site, hmm I should be working.

... And back to Phase1: Fuck it, its still a cheat and if you are gonna cheat, cheat large!

Phase 2: SUPERBOWL SUNDAY.  That is all you get.  The turkey burger is still cheating, you are better than that.

Phase 3: Is a turkey burger really that bad?  I mean come on its healthier then what you are day dreaming about.

Keep repeating all steps for 2 hours....

And now for the food log:

Breakfast: Robb Wolf's sweet potato / apple compote with pork loin & tall whole milk
Lunch: Bistro Salad from UFood (double chicken, sans feta cheese and dressing)
Snack: Organic mixed nuts and bottle of whole milk (stopped at Sweet Bay after a meeting)
Dinner: Naked sirloin steak fajitas (steak strips, yellow pepper, onion, Mexican salsa consisting of tomato, sorrento peppers, onions, salt and pepper) & tall whole milk
Desert: Fresh Strawberries

Bet you bitches thought I was gonna cheat, huh!
Suck it,

--Stuntman Mike

2 comments:

  1. 1. i love "sans"

    2. congrats on not caving; i ate feta cheese today. :(

    3. i feel like i just crawled inside of your brain.

    4. ~you~ suck it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have similar thoughts with myself too. (But not about a turkey burger, more like tacos and a beer!)

    ReplyDelete