An interesting article about a link between Dolphins and Type II diabetes. I wish it was a little more detailed because it seems like intermittent fasting is how dolphins control insulin.
Sunday:
Breakfast - 2 eggs, half chicken breast, whole milk, a few walnuts
Lunch - Espresso with whole milk
Snack - Whole milk, walnuts, grapes
Dinner - Rib City sliced pork over salad with EVOO
Last week my mom embraced my diet. She has returned to doing weight watchers so she made a paleo meal with a side of potatos for the neolithic non-dieters. So after making me a paleorific (paleo + terrific) meal last week my mom this week she didn't have "time" to make dinner so she ordered take out from Rib City. My cravings have died down for the most part but there is a huge difference in wanting something in your imagination and having access to it right in front of you. It took every little bit of will power I had to just stick with the meat as I watched the rest of my family fest on garlic bread, bbq beans, and meat drenched bbq sauce. I would be lying to you if I said that stuff doesn't look (or smell) good to me anymore. Also, banana and almond butter is my go-to indulgence now. I was thinking the whole time, if I just had a little of that I wouldn't care about the BBQ. I need to make a trip to Fresh Market soon.
Sunday was kind of bad as far as balanced meals, not a good 50-25-25 ratio that I am going for. This morning is no better, luckily after this evening I should have some left overs so when I am in a time crunch I can just grab something to take to work.
I feel ya man... my mom ordered pizza for our family dinner on friday. She topped it off with cannoli's. Kristin and I sat there drooling while we stuck with our steak and veggies.
ReplyDelete