H-E-A-V-Y Turkish Get-Ups!
1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 (L/R)
Results: 50 lbs on the barbell
Pukey Scale: 0 of 5
Sadism Scale: 2 of 5
I have never been a huge fan of the Turkish get-up. The whole movement seems awkward to me and I never really "feel" anything after I am done with them. Well that all changed after today and I started using the barbell. The limitation to the Turkish get-up before was holding the shoulder press a dumbbell or kettlebell while I awkwardly tried to stand. I look like Bambi trying to get up for the first time, its retarded. I can't remember what my dumbbell weight was but it was definitely more than the barbell. The barbell is all about balance and wrist stability. I guess I kind of suck at both because it took a lot of reps to get a clean lift. I definitely feel this one though. But enough about me... where the real story is at is Paul...
Congratulations to Paul for deadlifting a new PR at 425 lbs. That is ALOT of weight. To illustrate how much that is, imagine what the bar looks like with some plates on it. Now imagine if the bar was so filled up there wasn't any room left for more plates. That is how much he lifted. Fucking nuts, he is a beast. Oh and he did the CFFB WOD Lizzie before he set his PR. For those of you that don't know much about Paul let me tell you a few things about him...
- Paul is married to another CFFM All-Star, Sarah.
- Paul likes to drink Crown Royal.
- Paul does not like to work out in the morning.
- Paul is a fan of the Florida Gators.
- Paul does not get older only stronger.
- There isn't a bar big enough too hold all the weight Paul can lift.
- When a WOD calls for AMRAP, Paul takes it easy so Jason's hand won't get tired writing down the number.
- A WOD that includes rest is there so it can rest for Paul.
- When Paul drops the bar after his lift, at least five buildings collapse in China.
- When Paul does a push up he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.
- Paul is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.
- Paul is the only man to ever defeat a brick wall in a game of tennis.
- Paul can eat five times his body weight in tigers. (Part of his paleo diet)
- When Paul throws a boomerang, the boomerang does not return because it is scared to come back.
- Paul could power the country of Australia for 44 minutes with one spin on a stationary bike.
- One time Paul jumped from the top of the Empire State Building and he only sprained his ankle.
- There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Paul allows to live.
- When the bogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Paul.
- When Paul crosses the street, the cars have to look both ways.
- Paul doesn't break wind, that's the air crapping all over itself trying to get out of Paul’s way.
--Stuntman Mike
There is no such thing as global warming. Paul was cold, so he turned the sun up.
ReplyDeleteholy shit is all I am sayin. That rocks. :)
ReplyDelete