Friday, August 7, 2009

Power gloves

Today's punishment:

Triple Mod TGIF
AMRAP in 20 minutes of
Run 200-Meters
12 KBS [16-K/24-K]
9 Burpees
6 Pull-Ups

Result: 4 rounds + burpees
Pukey Scale: 4 of 5 ( I really pushed at the end)
Sadism Scale: 4 of 5

Jason is a sadistic fuck. Lately there have been a lot of open hand wounds at CrossFit For Masochists. This isn't random, it is because we have had a lot of WODs that have torn the shit out of our hands. My hands were finally starting to not hurt every waking moment and fuck face puts up this WOD on the blog. The biggest culprits of making bloody hands? KBS and Pull-ups... both of which are in today's punishment. Fuck Jason, I out smarted his ass today. I wore gloves. A lot of people have tried and complained about them. I have given in to peer pressure to this point, taking everyone's advice. I was a sheep, I admit it. Not today. Let me lay out a pro con list for glove use...

Cons:
Can't do more than maybe 3 kips in a row, usually only 2.
Peer pressure against gloves made me feel like a tool at first.
The gloves were kind of stinky.

Pros:
Really helped with the commie swings.
No grip pain during the second half of the work out.
My hands were not bleeding at the end of the workout.

I think the pros seriously out-weighed the cons don't you? I think I am going to wear gloves when fighting the commies, there is no going back. The gloves definitely hurt my kips but bleeding hands usually kills them more so I think it was a wash there.


Blank

Kids, what we learned today is to not listen to peer pressure. What is not good for them is not always bad for you. Try and fail. Don't let someone else try and fail, then tell you to avoid doing it because it sucks. So if some crazy kid jumps off a bridge and becomes paralyzed and warns you not to do it because there are rocks down here... don't take their advice, maybe they just jumped wrong or had long legs or something. Try it yourself.

Suck it.

--Stuntman Mike

P.S. I just ordered some do-wins. Ok, so maybe I haven't learned anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment