Friday, October 23, 2009

F L O R I D A S T A T E

Whew that was close!

Yesterday's bs:

Jerk (Push or Split)
5 x 3 @ 85% of 1-RM


Results: 5 x 3 @ 115

Sadism: 1

I probably could have done more weight on this one but I decided to focus on technique because for some reason my jerks have fallen way off.  These sets were still way sloppier than I wanted them to be.  I should be adding handstand pushups or just handstands to my warm up to help the whole active shoulder thing.

I skipped this morning for two reasons: CFFMHH this evening and FSU played a game last night and actually won.  I am glad I stayed up and watched the whole thing because they came back for the win in the fourth quarter.  This game would be impossible to predict because we had a great FSU offense (ranked 8th in the country) against a great UNC defense (ranked 10th)  and a horrible FSU defense (ranked 101st) versus an equally bad UNC offense (99th).  The first half was scary as it looked as if their defense would keep us contained and their offense would make a mockery of our defense.  The second half was a different story... we started moving the ball again, the announcers kept complaining about our quarter back who finally bombed it 40 yards in from deep in our own end zone and the receiver finished the the rest of the play for a 99 yard touchdown.  (starting at 56 seconds on the video)  How nice it feels to see us doing that to another team then it happening to us (which it has about 6 or 7 times this year).  The Noles who were 2-4 for the first time since '76 in a season where we had high expectations,a virtual lock for the ACC Championship.  Now we are at 3-4 and trying to work our way back into bowl eligibility.  Since the gator game can already be marked as a lose.  We have to win 4 out of 5 just to stay bowl eligible.  The funny thing is we still aren't completely out of the ACC race, miracles can still happen.  I am also glad I get to spend the second weekend in a row not worrying about FSU losing.



Suck it haters.

--Stuntman Mike

1 comment: