Thursday, January 28, 2010

procrastination

Ughhh, its been a while since I have posted.  In fact, its been a while since I have done a WOD (Monday).  I have been super stressed at work, frantically trying to fix a bug before a deadline.  I have always been a notorious procrastinator.  I tried not to be this time although I can't claim it 100%.  I got most of my work done before being close to the deadline however there was one little bug in the software I couldn't figure out.  I have been pulling my hair out for the last three days trying to find it; I had to have it fixed by this morning to make the deadline.  I got up this morning at normal CF time but decided to drink a giant ass cup of coffee and go into work.  It took me 90 minutes to track down the bug and correct it.  Why can't I channel this super focus when I am not up against the wall due to a deadline?  I swear my IQ doubles when I am panicking.

Bearish DWOD tonight.  Lots of CFFB to make up.  Trying to get super fat and nasty for my pictures on Saturday.  There will be Bennetts.

2 comments:

  1. You still rock, Smike. Kudos on finding the bug! NICE, my almost nerd friend. GOOD STUFF. May the Good Morning Bear be with you tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job finding the bug! I am glad I'm not the only one in work hell this week! I was feeling guilty about being behind on WODs too. I figure Feb we hit it hard--and I too am fattening up. Yum bennetts....we're discussing heavenly biscuit for sunday....

    ReplyDelete