Monday, February 15, 2010

long weekend for me

Took today off.

Saturday:
Breakfast - Meatloaf, half coffee / half whole milk
Lunch - Whole milk & ...
Ok this was where the cheating began. As part of COCK (Cook Off Champion Kitchen) league, I had to design a championship burger for the battle that evening.

I tried variations of what ended up being the top ranking burger:
--Fried green tomato (pan fried green tomato soaked in milk, covered in hush puppy mix covered in egg covered in breadcrumbs)
--80/20 Black Angus with beef bouillon and green chillies, rubbed with onion powder, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, rock salt, pepper, brown sugar and more spices I can't even remember
--Crescent roll buns with sauteed garlic and chipotle powder cream cheese spread

All in the form of a bite-sized slider. The thing went BAAM in your mouth, so it was dubbed the Ala-BAAM-a burger.  I won, I was a little surprised because the slider had a bunch of flavor, so much that it didn't really taste like a burger (partially due to the slider size).

Dinner - had a plethora of different bites of burgers that I won't even try to list.  Washed it all down with water.

Sunday:
Breakfast - whole milk espresso
Lunch - last of the paleo meatloaf
Dinner - Momz made me a "paleo" dinner... Pork chop, chicken breast, whole milk, sauteed onions, mixed steamed veggies (green and yellow squash, red pepper, onion, and green beans... yeah I didn't think about that last one until it was too late)

SWOD
OHS 5x1 85-95-105-115-125 (PR by 15lbs)
Press 5x5 @90% @95

CFFB DWOD:
4 rds for time of
Sprint 200-Meters
5 Hang Power Cleans @ 135lbs
Rest exactly 1-min. between rds
8 something

Breakfast - Compote with pulled pork, whole milk
Lunch - Sirloin tips & red pepper, whole milk
Snacks - pistachios
Planned cheat: Valentine's chocolate fondue w/ strawberries, apples, and bananas postponed due to lack of ingredient
Dinner - burger  patty, broc/cauli/carrots, whole milk

2 comments:

  1. This post made me think of:

    "And I'm the cock of the walk!" -Sean Connery, Celebrity Jeopardy

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, you won the COCK contest? VERY NICE :)

    ReplyDelete